Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Next 4 Months

For the past 2 months I have been training for the TSC. Concentrating a lot on my deadlifts and snatches with the 16kg KB. At the beginning of my training I said I really wanted to shed fat along with build my strength. I found out that for me, it doesn't work that way. I am not saying others can't, just not me. With the way I was eating, which was high protein, high fat, and very low carb Monday-Friday and then high carb refeeds on Saturday and Sunday was great for my strength. I build strength and muscle like crazy. And to be honest it feels great. I love that I can deadlift 210# or even more. But now it is time to shed the fat.

I am not going to tell you how much I want to lose or what weight I want to get down to for two reasons. One, I don't even know. I have a number in my head, but who nows what I will look like. I might be too small or I might need to do more. I don't know. And secondly, I am not ready to share with everyone just yet. I will soon, just not now.

As for my workout plan. It will consist of 2 days of strength and 3 days of conditioning. I am going to keep up with my deadlifts. I love doing those. Also, I am going to work more with my 16kg KB.

Food plan...I am keeping it simple. Over the past 2 months I have learned a lot about my body and how it reacts to different foods and food groups. I have learned that me and carbs don't like each other. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE CARBS! But my body doesn't react well with carbs. And when I say carbs I mean the simple carbohydrates. Not the carbs you get from veggies and fruit. When I eat carbs I get very tired and crabby and I feel so bloated all the time. So for now I am going to stick with my proteins, fats, and veggies/fruits. But don't be surprised if you hear that I had some sugar. I can only hold out for so long!

The next four months should be fun and exciting for me. I am hoping I learn a lot more about my body.

Till next time...

2 Comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kori, I'm going to write a post about "carbs", soon because I'm still trying to figure it out too!

As far as not disclosing all of your weight loss goals, don't be afraid to declare out loud what you want, we (the public) are not your police! One of my favorite sayings is, "shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you're still among the stars".

And also, about the 16kg, I would concentrate more on increasing work sets w/12kg to 80-100 reps, (2 - 2 1/2 min) alternating w/16kg 1 min sets, JMO.

Tracy

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Thanks Tracy. Yeah the whole fat loss thing is still hard for me even after all these years of having to face it. I am sure I will post it soon so I can hold myself accountable.