Friday, November 2, 2007

My New Program/New Goals!

I have been meaning to write about my new program for the past 5 days, but work and other obligations have gotten in the way. Now that I don't have to worry about making weight to do the snatch test or any other obligations I am going to start working towards my new goal which is training for the RKC Level 2 in June of 2008. For level 2 you must be able to do a pull-up, a pistol (1-legged squat), a windmill, and I believe a bent press. The windmill and bent press will be quite easy since I know how to do them, but the pull-up and pistol are my two moves I will have to work on quite a bit. But it is a challenge that I am excited to take on!

Of course fat loss is still a goal of mine, but I am going to have it be a "side-effect" of my training. Every time I try to really hunker down and lose fat, I get so obsessed...I don't lose or I gain. Horrible I know, but true. Here are some of the exercises I will be doing to help me reach my goals...

Deadlifts
Negative pull-ups/Pull-ups w/ a rubber band/Ring pull-ups w/ knees bent
Pistols w/ KB (counter balance)/Pistols in a doorway/Pistols off and sitting on a box
Pressing (I will be doing the Enter the Kettlebell protocol to increase my pressing)
Pushups (Just a little goal of mine to increase my push-ups)
Snatches (I will be incorporating the Max VO2 inspired by Tracy...I got to catch up!! :)

I will be doing 3 days of strength and 2 days of Max VO2. Then 1 full workout of flexibility and mobility, and then taking 1 day off for sanity.

I will be posting at least 3 times a week how everything is going and hopfully get some pictures up!

Till later...

Train Hard...Train Like A Girl!!!!!!

1 Comment:

Diana said...

"Hunker down and either lose or gain?" I'm an expert at the 5lb gain and loss over and over and over and over.....!