Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm Still Here

I think for my New Year's Resolution I am going to make a point to blog at least 3 times a week. I think my problem is I get so caught up in reading everyone else's blogs I don't have time for mine. So here is what has been happening for the past couple of weeks....

Training has been going well. Not great but well. More on that later.

Had a great Thanksgiving, I hope everyone else did too!

Getting ready for the next bunch of holidays. We are going to Texas for Christmas to spend the holiday with my mom, brother and some other family and we can't wait! Today it was about 20-30 degrees here in Wisconsin and the wind is whipping threw! If I never saw snow again I would be happy! That is one of the reasons why BJ and I are planning on moving there.

As for my training, I have been doing a lot of Cross-fit workouts with BJ. I love how different the workouts are and how they not only incorporate Olympic lifts, but bodyweight exercises and Kettlebells. Like I have said plenty of times, I GET BORED VERY EASILY! Everyday is something new.

Today though I took it easy and just did some time on the Eliptical. I am not a "cardio bunny" by any means, in fact when I have to do any sort of cardio I prefer to do it outside, but like I said before...20-30 degrees! Over the past 3 weeks I have been dealing with some health issues that have been dragging me down slowly but surely. I have mentioned it before that I have hypothyroidism. For those of you who don't know what it entails, well you feel like you have been hit by a truck and can't get up. I am so extremely tired all the time, I have mental fog, I can gain weight very fast, and as weird as it sounds I start bruising all over. Basically I feel like shit! Excuse my language. I am on medication, although I don't believe the dosage is working and I am looking into different areas ( I hate taking medication! Funny how I work in a hospital). The reason why I am writing about my hypothyroidism is because millions of men and women in the United States suffer from this disease and either don't know they have it or don't question their doctor when their doctor tells them their blood tests are "normal". I have even had a doctor tell me it was "All in my head"! Unfortunately I am still researching for good internet sites with good info so I cannot post any here, but if you know of any, please feel free to email me or post them in the comment sections.

Thank you for listening (reading) my little rant, but when I feel this way I know I want help and I know there are others out there too!

0 Comments: