Friday, December 21, 2012

12 Weeks of Fatigue, Nausea and just plain “Sucky” workouts!

*****Disclaimer: This was written on Oct. 24th******
Let me give you a little background here.  On August 21st I found out that my husband BJ and I were pregnant with our first child.  Now we were trying, or tried once, but didn’t really think it “took”.  Imagine our surprise when the pregnancy test showed two lines instead of one. But even with all of the shock, we were both very excited.

Being this my first pregnancy I only know what I read about when it comes to how I am suppose to feel.  And of course horror stories from other women. My first trimester is a breeze compared to some!  But even with all the books and articles on the internet, I wasn’t prepared on how low my energy would be and how bad my workouts would feel.

For the past 15 years I have worked out religiously.  Growing up I was never into sports, I was the fat girl with a great personality and I “could be pretty if I lost X amount of weight”….something I always heard from family.  But when I got into working out, either with Kettlebells, weights or just aerobic activity, I felt good. Also, owning Full Throttle Athletics with my husband I never have an excuse as to why I can’t do something physically active.  So now not having the energy to even want to go for a walk , killed me.  All I kept thinking was “I GOING TO GET SO FAT WITH THIS PREGNANCY!!!!”. I am not one who thinks I am “eating for two”, in fact this first 12 weeks my food intake has been cut almost in half.  Either I am too nauseated or I start eating and after a couple of bites I am full.  Luckily, slowly but surely, I have been able to do more and more exercise wise and I am feeling so much better.

For the next year I am going to be writing about my pregnancy, working out, eating (yes the cravings have already started) and just being overall healthy for not only myself, but for my baby.  Once I do have this baby, I am due May 2nd, I am going to be blogging and sharing with you how I am getting my pre-baby body back.  I have many ideas and goals for that one, but I will let that be a surprise! For right now I am concentrating on being healthy and being active during this wonderful time.

I hope you follow me on this journey!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

This is the reason why regular and sufficiently prolonged exercise is needed to burn the extra fat. somanabolic muscle maximizer