Friday, October 5, 2007

Back to the Basics

I really have been meaning to blog this week, I have just been so busy with work and I am finally getting over a cold I have had. This is what my week has looked like so far....

Tuesday: Walked on the treadmill for 45 min. I wanted to make this a very light day, plus I was not feeling so well. I am assisting at the RKC in 2 weeks so I don't want to be sick.

Wednesday: Nothing. Yeah it is a bit dissapointing. Again, I was feeling really terrible still and I had to not only work but I had to go do a little interview for a new job. I was out the door by 10:00 am and did not get home from work until 11pm. But don't worry, it was a busy night at the hospital so I got my workout there. Also, I took the stairs every chance I got.

Thursday: I felt sooooooooooo much better, not great, but better. It was suppose to be a day off from work, but I had so much going on it didn't feel like it. But I did get a GREAT workout in. Actually it was a swing workout that Tracy did awhile ago. Here it is...

40 transfers/1min rest
20 swing-transfers/1min rest
5/5,5/5,5/5,5/5 1 hand swing, transfer on the 5th swing/1min rest
5/5,5/5, 10 swing-transfers, 20 transfers/1min rest
20 transfers, 10 swing-transfers, 5/5,5/5/1 min rest

I did it all with the 12kg, and did 4 rounds. It took me 45 min to do the whole workout. I really love this workout in particular. It keeps you going and it really works you. Got to give props to Tracy and that imaginative mind of hers when it comes to workouts!!! Also you got to love the workout and feel good about it when you are working out to The BeeGees Greatest Hits CD! Yes I may have been born after most of the songs came out, but THEY ROCK!

Friday: Today was another busy day at work, but I am feeling so much better and my cold is basically gone. So today I went on my eliptical for 30 min at a pretty good intensity. I am not one for "cardio" anymore, but I want to switch things up sometimes. Plus I am reading a good book so I was able to read and workout at the same time.

Tomorrow it is back to the KB. I will be testing my snatches with the 12kg and then do another workout with swings. I think tomorrow I am going to do a workout with multiple bells of different sizes...hmmmm...we will see!

Till tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Congrat's on assisting at the RKC in two weeks. You will have a totally different experience on the "teaching" side of the RKC.

You will meet Jennifer Peters at the RKC, who my wife has trained for the TSC. She is strong and very cool!

Have fun!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kori, Isn't great to do a "fun" kick ass 45 min workout?

And I'm looking forward to meeting Jen P also, hopefully she'll be at the "meet and greet". See ya there...right?

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Will see ya there!

BJ Bliffert said...

Franz, Jen was in my group. Fantastic student.

She snatched the 24kg with ease towards the end of Saturday.

BJ