Thursday, July 12, 2007

Diet Part of my Leaning Out

Yesterday I came to the conclusion that I am not the type of person who can say I am going to eat "clean" and then lose weight. I NEED A PLAN! (Right now BJ is giving me a big "Told you SO!" look). For maintaing my weight I can do that, but not for my goal of leaning out. So I put together my plan of eating very low carbohydrates during the week and then giving myself 1-2 days on the weekend to re-feed. It is quite extreme, but right now that is what I need.

For the next 9 days (starting today) I am going to basically be eating protein and green veggies. This is what is called the "Priming Phase". This normally should be around 2 weeks, but next weekend we have our big 150 mile bike ride, and I am going to need to eat some carbs. This should really help me reach my goals. Will I be crabby? YES! Will I be craving sugar? YES! Will it be worth it? HELL YES!!!!!

Here is what I did for my workout today...

Snatch workout w/ 12kg KB
10R/10L
1 min rest
Did this for 30 min. On my last set, I tore a bliste on my R hand. I think it is because I haven't really worked my snatches for a long time. I don't think it will affect my workouts for the next couple of days.

30 min of riding my bike inside. Easy spin, just to do extra work and get my butt used to the seat.

I work tonight so I am hoping I am really busy and run around a lot...makes the time go by quicker.

Till tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

It all starts with a PLAN, right?

Be carful about lowering your carbs to next to nothing. You are right about craving sugar and being crabby. I think it's a great way to "kick start" and get in motion a loss (weight) but think about the "plan" in the days and weeks after the next 9 days.

Your 150 mile bike ride is a priority, don't push it too much, that kind of ride should also help you to you goal, feul it!

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Believe me I won't go too low, I don't want my workouts to suffer. And you are right, the bike ride is priority. Luckily every 10-15 miles there is a "rest stop" filled with bananas, bagels, bars, gatorade, etc. so I will be able to fuel up. But that is what I want to really learn how to do, is use food as fuel, not as food. Does that make sense?

Tracy Reifkind said...

Ahh....the ultimate goal, to use food as fuel for the BODY!

Finding all of the right combinations of fat/protein/carbs, as well as taste/portion/health can be a never ending journey, in a good way, one that changes as we change our training and lifestyles.