Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Adding a little strength back in

This week I decided to add some strength back into my workout regimen. I love to do strength, the only down fall is I LOVE TO LIFT HEAVY! I put on muscle very fast, so I really need to watch how much I do. I just get such a high when I can Deadlift or squat or bench or whatever heavy. It is a very powerful feeling. I am adding in strength slowly and letting my body get used to lifting again. Here is what I did....

Monday
After Bootcamp...
Deadlift: found my max at 111lbs. Pretty upset about that, I used to be able to pull a lot more.
Presses w/ 12kg ladder: 1,2,3 on each arm
Heavy swings w/ 16kg: 40,40,40,30,20

Overall not a bad strength day, but I wish it was better.

Wednesday:
Helped teach Bootcamp, did not participate
Front Squat: 55 lbs, 65lbs, 75lbs, 85lbs, 95lbs. 95lbs was my max. I did sets of 3 to find my max
Ring Rows (body weight): 3,3,3,3,3 After my 5th set I could do no more!
Heavy Swings w/ 16kg: 45,30,30,30,30

Again, not bad but I am used to going heavier. I have to get it in my head it is ok not to go heavy every time! This was all I did for my workout. I had a really busy day at the hospital yesterday and only got about 4 hours of sleep. I work again tonight and I am going to be really busy again. I don't want to wear myself out for this weekends 150mile bike ride.


Till next time...

0 Comments: