Wednesday, June 27, 2007

300 Swings in 10 min

Yesterday I decided to test how many swings I could do in 10 min. Tracy you got me in competition mode. But not with everyone else, just with myself and I thank you for that. Anyways I decided to test my swings. I used a 12kg and did 2-handed swings. In 10 min I did 300 swings. I don't know if that is good or bad. I have never tested my swings like that before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have decided that once a month I am going to test my swings one day and then on another day test my snatches. Two moves that I love to work with and I want to become better at. Here is what I did for my full workout...

10 min Swing test with 12kg
100 swings w/ a 15 sec break
100 swings w/ a 15 sec break
20 swings w/ a 10 sec break
30 swings w/ a 15 sec break
20 swings w/ a 15 sec break
10 swings---timer went off

I know I can do better...just need to work on it.

Then I took a 5 min break and then finished my workout with 5 rounds of 1-handed swings 30R/30L with a 30 sec break. Then 5 rounds of 2-handed swings 1 min on 30 sec off.

Then if that wasn't enough (which I knew I wanted to do more) I rode my bike on my trainer for 25 min.

Overall I felt a really great workout.

Till tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

thats great kori! I think its only really important to chart YOUR progress so you can break your records. well done, 100 rep sets are no joke.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kori, Right on girlfriend!! We all know we can do more! But getting a baseline has to be the first step.

I've done sets of 100 reps w/16kg, which is 1.5 min w/ 30 sec break, so that's 100 reps per 2 min., I did 5 sets like that , so that was 500 reps w/16kg, 2 hand in 10 min.

I think 2 hand swings are harder, especially on your grip (that's what gave out for me first). I love 2 hand swings, I'm convinced that is what gave me the shoulder development I've always wanted!

Congratulations, and keep it up!

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Mark and Tracy, thnaks! Yes I have never like competition (it's just not me) but I do love competition with myself if that makes sense.

Tracy I do agree with the 2-hand swing grip strength. That is what broke me. I thought my hands were going to fall off!