Friday, December 21, 2012

Cravings


I always thought those "crazy cravings" pregnant women had were all in excuse to just eat whatever they wanted because they were pregnant…they could right? 

Well being 19 weeks now I can tell you those cravings are real. I haven't had any crazy ones, like pickles with ice cream or whip cream on my mash potatoes, but I do have cravings. My most recent….lasagna with LOTS of garlic. And let me tell you, it was GOOD!

But with cravings comes added weight. Yes as pregnant women we are suppose to gain some weight. Our bodies are being used to not only protect and help the baby grow, but to also nourish them.  But giving into carving after craving can lead to some serious issues besides unwanted weight gain.

*Gestational Diabetes
*Lack of proper nutrition for not only you but your baby
*More work to get baby weight afterwards

Like I said above, I do give into some of my cravings, but I do it in moderation. I make sure that I am getting my veggies, lean protein and good fats, but then have some of that ice cream that is calling my name out. Not only is this healthier for myself, but for my baby as well.

0 Comments: